Aging at home is possible with the right planning and plumbing.
As we get older, getting safely around our homes can be a challenge. The bathroom is the room that often poses the greatest obstacles; it also provides the most opportunities for making life at home safer and simpler.
If you’re ready to make alterations for a safer bathroom, it’s important to have a plumber evaluate your space and plan a renovation that helps you stay in the home you love, confidently and independently.
Age-friendly bathroom changes to consider are:
- Installing grab bars for the shower, tub and toilet
- Replacing old tubs with easy-access or walk-in models
- Redesigning showers and sinks to be wheelchair accessible
- Installing shower seats, and handheld shower heads
- Replacing dual-handle faucets with single lever ones
- Treating tub and shower floors with anti-slip coatings
- Using slip-resistant materials on all floors
- Replacing doorknobs with levers
- Adding easily accessible cabinets and counter space
Ready to make your bathroom safe and age-friendly?
These are just some of the ways we can help plan a safer, more comfortable bathroom, not just for today, but for your future. To get your FREE bathroom safety assessment, contact us or call 800.992.2227 to speak with our plumbing team.
Ready to make your bathroom age-friendly and safe? Contact us today to get started.